- Practitioners: U.S. licensed acupuncturists who have graduated from accredited TCM/medical schools in China or the United States; or MDs with acupuncture training.
- Students: current students in acupuncture or TCM schools in the United States.
- International membership: Individuals who have graduated from accredited TCM/medical schools outside the United States; and have obtained a license to practice acupuncture or TCM in their country of residence.
- Membership will be automatically revoked if a member engages in any criminal activities and ATCMA will not be liable for anything resulting from such activities.
- Discount: Discounted membership rates to attend any international, regional, or online academic conference/training, or any PDA/CEU course organized by ATCMA.
- Complimentary database: : Free access to ATCMA TCM & acupuncture database on the association website, which provides search engine access to information on acupuncturists and their specialties, practice locations, and contact information, etc.
- Promoting Influence of the Profession: All individual members will benefit from the growth and expansion of ATCMA in the U.S.
- Our website will list members and their clinics which may be used by ATCMA and its members to make patient referrals;
- Members’ specialties will be recognized and endorsed;
- Members will have the opportunity to be honored in the following ways:
- Promotion within ATCMA or nomination as a professional lecturer or service on ATCMA professional committees.
- Book writing and magazine editing for ATCMA.
- Recognition of member achievements, such as article or research publication, professional awards, or promotions, at annual ATCMA meetings or on the ATCMA website.
- Professional Suggestions: Advice and guidance by the TCM experts and the Academic Committee of the ATCMA on such topics as –
- Diagnosis and finding optimal treatment plans for special disease cases.
- Provision of professional medical opinions to the courts regarding medical disputes.
- Design and implementation of clinical research projects and paper publication
- Legal Support: Legal advice and guidance given by our legal department or attorneys.
Membership Fee: $ 60 per year
The Rights and Obligations of Members
- To receive a discount for participating in all ATCMA academic activities.
- To make comments and suggestions on ATCMA operations and to review ATCMA governance documents.
- U.S. licensed members may participate in ATCMA governance, including voting for candidates or being eligible for election to ATCMA’s governing bodies: the ATCMA General Assembly/ the ATCMA Board of Directors.
- To join or cancel ATCMA membership freely.
- To comply with the ATCMA regulations and support the implementation of ATCMA policies.
- To actively participate in various activities organized by the Board of Directors, and maintain communication with the Board of Directors.
- To pay membership fees in a timely manner.